American Legion Auxiliary, Department of California, East Palo Alto, Unit #472

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Saying Thank You to our Troops

It's so easy to say Thank You to our troops.  You can spot them everywhere, but especially in airports.  When you're traveling during the holidays, carry a few $5 Starbuck's gift cards with you.  (I choose Starbuck's because you can find one in almost every airport and on many posts.)

Every time I see a person in military uniform, I approach, get eye contact, extend my right hand to shake theirs, and say, "Thank you for your service."  Then I give them a gift card and ask them to have a cup of coffee on me.

It's incredible how this small gesture can make such a difference.  I feel good and they feel respected.  Sometimes, I visit for a few minutes if they are alone.

Submitted by Lou Thompson, Unit Member

No comments:

Post a Comment